Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Major Wars

Otherwise entitled, "An Argument With Myself Over Switching Majors for the Third Time."

Being in a writing mood, I started arguing with myself on Facebook. Yes. I did. I blame finals. Anyway, it all started with my status, "...I hate my life right now..." Which was a stupid, emo thing to say--but again, I blame finals. Two of my friends commented, and I felt I had to explain to them what was up. Besides, I needed to vent. So, here's the transcript:

Me: I'm wishing I hadn't switched my major... and finals kills everything. Heck, global warming (or pollution) takes too long! Just have year-round finals!

Me: But my new major has potential. I mean, who wouldn't kill for a good chance to rustle through archives! I've dreamed of it since... well, since I found out about awesomeness and libraries.

Me: But on the other hand, I've been bombarded with the awesomeness that is journalism. Why did I let myself get so freaked?

Me: On the other hand, who wants to spend the first few years of working life LIVING in the office? Especially when I'm planning on taking time to live at home. Let the men live at the office; I like home better, anyway.

Me: But then there's the question of dedication. If I won't dedicate myself in my career, who says I'll dedicate myself to more important matters?

Me: Priorities? Spend your time on what's more important.

Me: You could have left off the explanation and had a killer one-liner.

Me: Tangent. But now for the conclusion: I shouldn't hate life; being at a crossroads (or several, for that matter) is crazy, but a blessing, because it shows what an exciting point in my life I'm at, and I don't like boring, anyway. So I should be grateful.
And just to get the final word: One-liner's are REALLY important to happiness in general. Not.

Me: (I'll let that pass, being the magnanimous person I am.) That's the thing about having so many fantasies about what I could do with my life: if I'm indecisive, and lose one opportunity, I have another one. And another one. And another one.

Needless to say, I probably have some annoyed people who regret leaving their comments on my status in the first place. But thanks to them, I have had yet another small, but fruitful, talk with myself, and am in a better mood to do my take-home final. Yay!
On a side note, I'M GETTING MARRIED IN SIX DAYS!
Yeah, who am I to complain? I've got life so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment